Predicting ahead of the trends in Social Media puts any marketer in front of the crowd. The strategy and plan towards conquering the social media market becomes simpler, targeted, refreshed and, most importantly, better prepared and less surprises. Some of the common themes we hear more of includes great quality content, explosive use of videos, mobile applications, branding, social media services and content outsourcing. Out of which these are the ones that stand out:
- Google+ will become a force in 2012. It seems many of our prognosticators think that the best is yet to come for Google’s social networking site.
- Video and mobile will finally both take center stage. This prediction has been made for years, but maybe this IS the year.
- Jobs in content marketing will be robust.
- Original, long-form content, due in large part to the iPad and eBooks, will make a comeback.
- Brands and agencies alike will start to realize that content marketing is like advertising, only better… and will take serious steps toward integrating content processes into the organization.
- Google will start to purchase more and more media companies, and then come under immense scrutiny from the FTC (this one is mine).
New Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2012
#1: Social Media Networks and Marketing will continue to grow at an alarming rate.
30 Social Media Predictions for 2012 From the Pros
By Cindy King
Now it’s your turn…
Filed under: Social Marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!